How to Reupholster the Front Seat of a 300SDL
- 1). Enter the front seat of your Mercedes. Locate the four mounting bolts that secure the front bucket seat to the base of your vehicle.
- 2). Use a socket wrench to remove the four bolts and carefully lift the seat away from the vehicle. Move the seat to a clear work area.
- 3). Turn the seat upside down and locate the two mounting bolts that fix the upholster in place on the underside of the seat. Remove the two bolts with a wrench to free the cover. Pull the cover up the seat all way to the top and lift it off the seat.
- 4). Take hold of the new seat cover and place the opening at the top of the seat. Slide the cover down the seat so that it covers the entire area of the seat. Ensure there are no creases in the cover. Reattach the two bolts at the bottom of the seat to secure the cover to the seat.
- 5). Place the seat back in to the Mercedes 300SDL and secure the seat to the floor of the vehicle by reattaching the mounting bolts to the seat bracket with a socket wrench.